Sunday, May 24, 2009

Diet Matters!

I can be a little dense sometimes... I might learn something and even believe it but not necessarily apply it. I am 22 weeks pregnant with #4 as I write this. My last pregnancy was horrible. By the time I was 20 weeks, I could barely push a grocery cart EMPTY. I could not pick up a 22 pound 2 year old from a sitting position without pain. I could barely walk. It hurt to get from the car to the front door of a store let alone wander around! I couldn't carry clothes up the stairs or stand for more than a few minutes. I have too much relaxin and boy had it kicked in... I learned a few things since my last pregnancy though. The biggest one being that flour and flour products are NOT for the body! Sprouted grains- YES! flour- NO!

So, like I said, I am 22 weeks pregnant. I am still in karate (no, I am not taking any falls and no one can punch me, but I am still training), I go to the YMCA and work out twice a week (at least try), I can carry my 30 pound nearly 3 year old up the stairs, I am WALKING (no waddle here!) and I have a cute tummy (it seems like this baby is fitting inside better than my other 3 kids). I cheated a few times and had some flour product food (flour tortilla or something like that) and the next day I HURT and didn't want to move. I could tell that those things were harming me. So, I am off flour and flour products and I am doing great...
What else am I eating? Greens, fruits, veggies, sprouted grains, nuts, seeds, beans, and occasionally a little fish and raw cheese or goat cheese... although those last 2 really aren't good for the body but sometimes those cravings are a little overwhelming! I don't eat processed foods, hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, flour and flour products, sugar, meat, or much dairy.

3 comments:

Scorchi said...

My husband was put on a restricted diet by the Naturopath to heal rashes, irritable bowel, bad breath, weakness, inability to sleep through the night, and a few other things. She put him on some high-powered supplements and took him off all sugar and flour, and he healed right up. We are both much better without flour and sugar.

The Nielsen Clan said...

Way to go you! I need to get better.
I don't eat any meat, eggs, or sugar. But I do make our own bread and am having a hard time giving that up... I slow grind my own wheat, but still... have you ever made spouted grain bread?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm so delighted that it is easier than your last. I'm really proud of you and your life choices and the integrity that it takes to live true to your knowledge.