Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yummy Zucchini Carrot Bread

I modified a vegan Zucchini bread recipe which I found on another blog here.

Zucchini Bread


6 tbsp ground flax seeds whisked into ½ c + 1 tbsp warm water
½ c oil
3/4 c unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups rapadura
1 tsp vanilla
2½ packed cups mixed grated zucchini and carrots and yellow squash in whatever combo you have
3 c sprouted whole wheat flour (see early blog entry about how to make this)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 T pumpkin pie spice from Penzey's


Grease 2 loaf pans and preheat the oven to 350. Mix together wet ingredients, including the zucchini and carrot mixture in one bowl. Mix together dry ingredients in another bowl. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet just until moistened. (I ended up using my hands to mix this because my bowl was kind of small and it was not mixing well)

Divide into 2 loaf pans. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I found that I needed to put a tinfoil tent over one of the loaves for the last few minutes to prevent burning.



This was a little too sweet when warm. Next time I will use less sweetener.


No comments: