Monday, August 11, 2008

Blending Herbs

I have been doing Dr. Christopher's Extended Herbal Cleanse. I made up some Liver and Gallbladder formula as well as some Kidney and Bladder and some Lower Bowel formulas. The Lower Bowel formula contains red raspberry leaf. If you have ever tried to powder raspberry leaf, you may have found that it is apt to fluff up and fly around your grinder but never do any powdering... I have discovered the secret! Layer the raspberry leaf between other herbs. In this case, I was using my vitamix dry blender (you must be careful not to blend for too long or it will heat up) I put in half the ingredients, then the red raspberry leaf, and then the rest on top. Poof- no fluffing up, nicely powdered red raspberry leaf fully mixed with the other herbs. Life is good.

On a side note, after 2 weeks of only taking Lower Bowel formula, Hormonal Changease, Female Reproductive, Wheatgerm oil, and the Master Gland formula, eating really well (ok I cheated once or twice a tiny amount), green smoothies almost every day, especially with carrot tops or fresh wheat grass juice, and 2 castor oil packs over night I am pain free. I started to feel a little off the other day as I am nearing ovulation, but I took it easy, continued with my routine and I am doing well. I was told by most people that it took 6 months to be rid of the ovarian cyst. I can still tell that I am healing from it, but the pain is gone. On to more healing!

No comments: