Thursday, August 21, 2008

Herbs heal again!

One of these days I will get smart and start taking pictures of yucky things that need to be healed and then tracking the healing process. I have watched some great healings and have never taken a picture! Oh well.

About a month ago, my husband told me my son had something on his toe that needed to be addressed. I had not seen it because my son didn't want to show me- afraid I would put x-ceptic on it. He didn't understand that x-ceptic only hurts if it is on broken skin! I was rushing about as usual and forgot about it. Then about a week ago, my husband again mentioned the foot bump. It looked like a wart on the bottom of his ring toe. (As it turns out it was a plantar wart). So, I told dh to put some black walnut tincture on it followed by duct tape. The second day, as my husband was taping him up, my son kept yelling ow! That is when I realized it was a plantar wart. I went and go some dandelion flower stalks and leaves picked at the base and brought them in. My silly son proclaimed, "Mom! Those are weeds! What are you doing with the weeds?!" (I was shocked to hear him say this because we are always harvesting "weeds" for food or medicine.) So, I explained that the milky sap in the dandelion was good for plantar warts. I dropped the sap on and then put more black walnut tincture. The wart no longer was covered by his skin. Instead, it looked like the calloused skin was splitting open and literally spitting out the wart. Over the next couple of days, we repeated the black walnut tincture and dandelion sap (2 more days). Some bandage changes yielded a larger bump that would not allow the duct tape to stick because every time dh would put the bandage on the tape would pop off due to the sloughing off of the dead wart. Yesterday I realized that my son wasn't yelling ow anymore at bandage changes. The wart is letting go. After 5 days, the wart has begun to shrink and the skin is beginning to close up again. It is amazing to watch the body heal and know what to do!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Hi there,
I found your blog through Katie's blog. She was in our married ward at BYU.


Anyway, I have loved reading your blog and hearing the miracle stories about herbs. My grandmother was an herbalist and studied a lot of Dr. Christopher material. Our bodies are so amazing!

Anyway, I hope that you don't mind that I check your blog. I think it is wonderful that you are willing to share what you have learned. Thank you.

Raspberry Leaf said...

I don't mind you checking in with my blog. I believe the Lord has blessed me with knowledge and I need to share it or I will be "burying my talent" so to speak. BTW Katie is my sister.