Monday, August 11, 2008

Wheat grass juice without a wheat grass juicer

If you have ever read about wheat grass juice, you will know that most people talk about using a juicer to extract the juice. Well, I don't have a juicer that will do wheat grass, and I don't have the money to buy one, but I needed to take wheat grass juice... So, I take my wheat grass and place it in my vitamix. Add 1/4-1/2 cup of water and blend. Then strain by pouring it through a mesh strainer into a cup and pressing out all the green juice with a spoon. After a little bit, you can use your fingers and squeeze every last drop out of the blended cellulose. You should be left with a pale green almost white mass of cellulose and a glass of dark emerald green juice. Yum! Be sure to "chew" your juice and taste the yummy sweetness.

2 comments:

MoonLtStrl (Joan) said...

I don't have a vitamix, but used my Osterizer. Worked great! I had been just nibbling on the blades of wheatgrass I bought 2 weeks ago. I figured if nothing else, I was getting some fiber into my diet! I must admit, I felt like belowing out a resounding MOOO! every time I had some...the blender idea will save a lot of milege on my molars! Thanks for the tip!

I also was facinated by the texture of the strained grass...it looks so soft and fuzzy...and such a pretty shade of pastel green. I was thinking it would make a lovely sweater!

Raspberry Leaf said...

That is wonderful to know that other blenders can work. Yes, I wondered about a lovely sweater too!